Some Jewelry!

Monday, November 19, 2007





11 comments:

Paige of Pearls said...

Not that anyone will see, but I'll pretend like I'm someone who cares.

The first set of jewelry is the "Cambria" set. It consists of small mauve freshwater pearls and sterling silver beads. I love the pearls. They are my favorite stone to work with, because the color is so naturally unique. There are also some swarovski crystals between silver beads.

It's a gorgeous set to wear to a formal dinner, where the sparse dim light shimmers through the crystals.

Paige of Pearls said...

Oh, the second set, you ask? Well, that's the "Clora" set, named after my grandma who loved purple. It is mostly amethyst beads with a few simple white freshwater pearls. It is a heavy bracelet, due to the heavy amethysts, but also to the solid silver clasp. I think of Grandma Clora whenever I wear it.

Paige of Pearls said...

Yes, the third set is "Roses," sort of named after Mom. It has a necklace with mostly white freshwater pearls, but sprinkled with some larger mauve pearls and silver beads. The bracelet is the opposite pattern. I think this is the first set I finished. I think it looks really classy, and it is more beautiful than a lot of what is available in jewelry stores.

Paige of Pearls said...

The green and yellow one is called "Citrus Twist." The green is aventurine and the yellow is citrine. Mingled into the strands are tiny potato pearls. The clasp is a rather heavy silver thing. I love the earrings! They are my favorite type of ear piece, but more expensive than the others I've used. But they go well with the bracelet, I think.

Paige of Pearls said...

Wow, I have a lot of comments! I am so popular. I must be great friends with someone. Oh, yeah, it's me! I'm so cool.

The last picture shown here is the "Charity" set. She's my sister. By the way, I have more sets named after other people I know. I don't only love the people whose sets I'm posting here. Not that I have to justify that to anyone, but I guess I'm just reminding myself that I've made way more jewelry than this.

This set is made up of mauve pearls and sort of an orange/yellow swarovski crystal. It looks really cool, and I just think mauve pearls, like I said before, are so beautiful. I gave my sister this bracelet and mistakenly gave the earrings to someone I don't even like very much who probably threw them out as soon as she got them. I was an idiot to do that, even though I was thinking it was a nice gesture. Oh, well. 20/20, they say.

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to get into the beading thing, but there never seems to be the extra time or money to take on such an "extravagant" hobby when there are dishes to do and an ever-growing mound of laundry waiting for my attention! I love the names of your jewelry - you do such a nice job with your tasteful designs! Are you still making items to sell?

Paige of Pearls said...

I made some for Aunt Janie's granddaughters for Christmas at her request, but that was the last time I sold any. I've given much of what I've made away. It still gives me much pleasure to make jewelry, though, like you mentioned, there's not much time or money for it. I guess it's just like with any hobby: if you want it enough to make it happen, you do.

Anonymous said...

I think that I want you to make me a set of something. I love pearls, and I also love crystals. But I never wear jewelry (as you may have noticed), and when it comes right down to it, I think jewelry intimidates me, for some reason. I don't know. And plus, my personal style doesn't look right with jewelry. Maybe it needs to be the right piece!! Something that isn't gaudy, too formal, too flashy... Something that looks good with white shirts. What is that? Any ideas?

Paige of Pearls said...

I don't wear jewelry very often, except for silver earrings and my wedding ring. Often I will put on a necklace or bracelet and look at it with my outfit and then take it off again. But when I do wear a necklace, it is to offset the lack of color (such as when I wear a white shirt) and it is usually very plain. My neck is really short, so chokers don't usually work for me, but I like to make them anyway. Pearls are so pretty with everything, and they come in a few naturally beautiful colors such as off-white and mauve, which are my favorites. But they are pretty formal looking.

I might suggest the layout of the citrus twist set (fourth picture) with perhaps different types of stones. Or even a chain with a simple interchangeable bead, such as a pearl, a crystal, or any other large bead you could choose depending on what you wear. I get my beads from firemountaingems.com, and there are several different styles and types of gems to choose from.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'll think on it - I would really like to learn to do this. It may bring my long-forgotten artistic side out!

Rindee said...

Wow, Rachel! I didn't know you made jewlery. Those are really beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent!

 
Paige of Pearls. Design by Pocket