Ahem, Time?

Friday, January 1, 2010


Let's see...it's been nine months since my last post on this blog. What happened? How did time just vanish that way? I have no explanation for it, other than staying busy and living my life to its somewhat-fullest.

I've been told many different times that I should blog about our adventures with this house. I wish I had done it as it happened, because now I don't think I can remember everything that has gone on since March of 2009.

And now to ramble onto my previous subject...how in the HECK is it already 2010?

I'm no good at this blogging thing. I do pretty well with little clippets on facebook, but not with the expectations I feel are so lingering over my head whenever I post a blog entry. I feel like there should be more to it than, "Hi! Just saying hi! Well, see ya!" And isn't that really what facebook is all about? I kind of feel like my blog should be more juicy stuff - only, where is the juicy stuff I should write? Are there that many words in my head that are screaming to be put onto a blog? And why am I asking so many questions? Will anyone actually answer them? I'm weird, it's true.

So anyway, back to the original subject: time. So, hey, what's up with it? I think it should slow down. But wait, I think it can. While I was in school this past term, time was whizzing by like...something really fast that I'm too lazy to think of right now. During Christmas Break, while the kids were out of school and we all anticipated the goodies for Christmas and the food and the parties and the nothingness that filled our days with plenty of joy after a busy semester for us all - time slowed to a crawl. And it's very nice. I have enjoyed spending time with the family. So I think the key is to take time away from busyness. And that is a goal of mine - one of many, but the key goal - this year.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

The key goal, that is, right next to the key goal of blogging...right?

Right?

Paige of Pearls said...

Of course, of course!

Summersfam said...

How did I miss this post? Man. So much for RSS feeds.

I'm totally with you on the time thing. Where in the world is it going? And I noticed when I checked the weather forecast this morning that the 10-day forecast goes deep into the first week of February. Can't be!!!

Crazy time.

 
Paige of Pearls. Design by Pocket